Mexico is a very large vacationer’s paradise that features many places to consume the sights and many activities to take part in. Mexico’s beaches are among some of the very beautiful on the planet since the countries coastlines straddle the Pacific Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean Sea. Mexico’s richness also contains historical cities with an all around tropical landscape designed for relaxation. Though the majority of the tourist destinations are beach resorts, there are numerous archeological sites that draw many visitors yearly; alongside beautiful jungles and ecological parks. One of the water sport activities available one can go snorkeling, scuba, surfing, whale watching, and a number of other interesting activities. With this kind of paradise you can find bound to be some negative aspects, but it is in this way round the globe. So below are a few travel tips and guidelines designed to be of good use to the travel novice.
1. Crime – A principle before planing a trip to any country should be considered a quick check of the crime rate. Mexico is a major drug transit point between Latin America and the United States; and this role has drastically increased the crime rate in Mexico. Some what to be cautious about as a tourist are armed robberies, purse snatching, pick pocketing, taxi robberies, kidnappings, and extortions. It is known that the crime rate is lower generally in most tourist areas. It’s advisable not to wear flashy clothes, jewelry, expensive shoes, or carry yourself in anyway that will bring you to the interest of thieves and criminals. It is most beneficial to offer off the impression that you’re one of many locals. Also, you need to choose money belt and remember there are pickpockets that target crowded places like markets and all forms of public transportation. If you have to have a taxi, have the people at your hotel call a respected one for you because it is not wise to enter the road and wave one down. It is known that though the crime rate is high Mexico is still certainly one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
2. The Water – All of us know it’s been overstated that when you visit Mexico, you shouldn’t drink the water. Avoid salads and fruits which are not peelable because they certainly were more than likely washed with unpurified water. Beverages with ice included really are a no-no merely to be on the safe side. And yes, teeth brushing also needs to be finished with bottled water. Any water that you’re planning to drink throughout your stay should really be bottled water.
3. Archeological Sites – Mexico’s rich history has bestowed some archeological gems upon the united states and its inhabitants; among some of the cultures which have left their mark are the Maya, Aztec, Toltec, Olmec, and Zapotec. Among these sites is the famed Mayan city of Chichen Itza having its pyramid; although it is 100 miles from Cancun, you can find tours available. There’s also the Mayan beach front city of Tulum with a picturesque oceanfront view; this site is a 2 hour drive from Cancun, with tours readily available. Other sites include El Tajin, Ek Balam, Teotihuacan, and many more which are accessible through tours.
4. Beach Resort Towns – The Mexican beach resort has always been the backbone of the tourist industry in this Latin American country. Let’s face it; children love the beach, party goers love the beach party atmosphere, lovers love the evening beach strolls, and everybody has some reason or one other to like the beach. Los Cabos is a beach resort town noted for its beaches which are mingled with grand rock formations on the southern tip of the Mexican peninsula; water sports are almost absolutely essential here. Acapulco is certainly one of Mexico’s most famous beach resort towns; if you are seeking fabulous nightlife, Mexican cuisine at almost any time, and to dance and party the night time away, then Acapulco is the place. In Puerto Vallarta one can find white sand beaches blended with traditional Mexico; one can gaze at the architecture of the colonial style buildings or even watch some bullfighting in this beach resort town. Then we’ve Cancun the Spring Breaker’s dream; located at on the Caribbean Sea one can find lovely drinks, some of the greatest beaches and, and party like ambiance. Other nice beach resort towns include Puerto Escondido, Playa Del Carmen, Mazatlan, and a lot of others to mention.
5. Important Information to Know – If you should be having an urgent situation the quantity to call is 060 in Mexico City and its surrounding areas, other places should dial 080 or 066. The legal drinking age in Mexico is 18. It is most beneficial to attempt to agree taxi fares first before embarking on a taxi ride anywhere in Mexico. If you travel off season to Mexico then you will save a fortune on travel costs.
You’re now ready to check out Mexico and have a good time. Please be safe in your travels.